As we have been able to introduce you to Anchored Beginnings over the past several months, we continue to take steps forward in our ongoing mission of outreach to the people of Haiti. To update you, we recently returned from our latest trip. This trip we were able to successfully complete some significant tasks due to generous donations.
1. Continue to work with the meek and the poor in Haiti side by side. Continue to assist them in acquiring basic human needs such as food and water.
2. Two children were blessed with hernia surgery. This was such a blessing as the 2 children had painful bloating and sometimes horrible pain from their hernias. What a blessing!
3. Through donations we were able to purchase supplies to work side by side with our Haitian friends to construct a chicken coop. Our Haitian family is hopeful that this can be a vehicle for them to grow into a life of financial self-sufficiency.
So we want to say thank you to all that have made these significant pieces come together.
We are thrilled to announce Anchored Beginnings received some very exciting news at the beginning of December! A local business has offered to match up to $5,000 in donations of what we are able to raise by the end of this year. We feel not only blessed to have this opportunity, but also challenged to capitalize on this favorable circumstance.
We are including you on this letter because we feel YOU would possibly be able to help us complete this challenge. This gracious gift of money will enable Anchored Beginnings to do some very significant things.
$10,000 (with the match) would enable us to:
1. Hire a Haitian social worker to start to work with our Haitian family and a few others in
Fermathe, Haiti. We believe this will help our Haitian family and the children we support to start to move forward in a positive direction. As they have endured many hardships in their lives.
2. We would be able to continue to work on the last 1/3 of the security wall. This would give the family a sense of security that they lack at this point. The exciting part is that they have been working side by side with the engineer hired to work on this project.
3. We would also be able to bank some of these donations to have a fund set aside to have available for basic medical care.
4. Complete an essential indoor bathroom for the Jean family. As they do not have one. This would provide them the necessity that we Americans take for granted.
5. This would also allow us to continue to grow the number of children that need an education. As school is not provided by the government like as in America.
We are so excited about this opportunity; we want to make a sincere plea to each of you to be a part of giving with a purpose. If you are searching for that end of year place to donate please consider making a contribution to Anchored Beginnings to help us reach our match goal of $5,000 by the end of the year. Anchored Beginnings is a registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit. So we are able to provide you with a receipt of your donation that can be included in your tax deductions. If you have questions about our mission, or would just like to talk about what we are doing today, and what we are trying to do in the future please call any of the board members
Rachel Krueger at 612-805-0529, Karen Schaaf at 320-333-4217, Trent Elder at 320-224-9923 or
Bill Torola 320-420-4944
Thank you for any support you can give.